Discussion Essay Writings:
1. For each discussion meeting (a total of SIX meetings), all students MUST prepare a critical question and answers based upon their readings.
A. Regardless of your schedule for presentation, you MUST submit a total of SIX discussion essays.
2. Students are expected to submit one-page TYPED question/answers, either single or double spaced, at the beginning of each discussion meeting.
A. [NOTE] When your group is scheduled to present, please bring two copies.
3. Late papers will receive a lower grade.
4. Each essay is worth TEN points.
5. Your discussion question essays should start with a question and then should be followed by discussions. Refer to the sample essay attached with this guideline.
6. When you provide answers, try to present your own arguments or thoughts and to avoid a summary of the readings.
7. In addition, try to raise a broader historical question and to relate your question and answers to the main themes of the reading, films and history of US legal issues.
Discussion Essay Presentations: